Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Short Story Revisions

I feel as though the way I revise each story is different, and it depends on the story I am working on. For example, I have one short story I am working on in class where I know what the ending is going to be already. So, as I write my story and revise it, I'll focus on the characters and the images.

However, another story I am working on has no clear ending in my mind. For this story, which is unusual for me, I'm going with the flow, so to speak, and seeing where the story takes me. Once I get to a place where I feel the story ends, I will go back and look at ways of tightening the narrative and plot, based on the themes I found emerging from my story. After that, I'll look again at the characters to see where they can be strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment